> Proxy Hub
Discovers your local physical devices
The Proxy Hub is an application that discovers and maps local devices to virtual devices on ARTIK cloud services via proxy plugins. The hub can host multiple proxy plugins.
The following devices are available on Proxy Hub:
The Proxy Hub accesses devices on your local network, enabling you to connect devices that do not expose their APIs or SDKs. The Proxy Hub is also ideal for situations in which devices would benefit from real-time device status updates and an increased rate limit. Read our documentation article to learn how to develop your own proxy plugins.
Proxy Hub setup
- Install node.js (version >=4.5.0)
- Download Proxy Hub
cdto the folder were this program was unzipped
- Download and add a supported plugin to the
/proxiesfolder (if it is not already there)
- To install the required dependencies run
- Start the server by running
- On the terminal, you will see:
GO TO THIS WEBPAGE TO ACCESS THE UI: <url>
- Enter the url in a browser
- In the browser, log in and follow the instructions to set up the Proxy Hub
- Once setup is complete, Click Add Another Device, and select the device (proxy plugin) to add it to the Proxy Hub
- Follow the instructions associated with that proxy plugin to complete the setup
"Samsung", "ARTIK", and "ARTIK Cloud" are trademarks of SSI and/or its affiliates ("Samsung") in the United States and other countries. All other brand names, trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Samsung.